[alt-photo] Re: platinum

etienne garbaux photographeur at nerdshack.com
Sat Feb 16 14:16:11 GMT 2013

Marek wrote:

>I ended up with a 40cc/liter (or about 1.5%) [of HCl]

I'm glad to see someone else has tried HCl and found its virtues.  I
have used it pretty much exclusively to pre-treat paper for all alt
processes and to clear Pt prints for almost 40 years.  From time to
time over the years I have advocated it for these purposes on the
list, but have always been shouted down by folks who "know" it ruins
paper and destroys images.  I have tested exhaustively and
demonstrated to my satisfaction that it does no such thing, when used
properly, but gave up arguing about it.

Best regards,

etienne