[alt-photo] platinum IV question

Diana Bloomfield dlhbloomfield at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 18:11:17 GMT 2013

Hi all,

Maybe someone can answer this question for me.  You know the platinum you can get that Photographers Formulary used to sell-- not sure they still do-- it was labeled Platinum IV?  It was different from the Solution 3 B&S sells, in that it added contrast but without the grain sometimes accompanied with Pt Solution 3?  Does B&S sell that?

Can someone tell me the real technical name for that, and where can I find it now?  Does Artcraft sell that, or B&S, and what do I call it??  I'm not sure of the technical differences between Pt Solution 3 and this Platinum IV, but I know the difference when I see it. :)

Thanks for any and all advice.

Diana