[Alt-photo] Re: A DEFINITIVE ANSWER?

Eric Neilsen ejnphoto at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 18 20:21:13 UTC 2013

A brighter light bulb.... :  )

Eric Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
214-827-8301

www.ericneilsenphotography.com
SKYPE ejprinter

-----Original Message-----
From: alt-photo-process-list-bounces at lists.altphotolist.org
BOB KISS
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:31 AM
To: alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org
Subject: [Alt-photo] A DEFINITIVE ANSWER?

DEAR LIST,

            Can I or can I not bleach (even slightly) a print made mostly of
palladium?  I have a print made of 95% palladium and it is a bit dark.

1)  Most books on pt/pd printing warn against using HCl as the first
clearing bath with palladium prints because it can bleach them.

2)  Don Bryant posted Michael Mutmansky’s procedure for bleaching out black
spots on pt/pd prints by first placing some dilute HCl on the spot and then
some dilute chlorine bleach on the same spot.  Might this work on a macro
scale by first immersing a print in the dilute HCl then into the dilute
bleach?

3)  But, on the other hand, some people say that it is impossible to bleach
up a dark palladium print.

            Am I the only one who finds this contradictory?

            Soooooooooooooooooooooo, has anyone had success slightly
bleaching up a dark palladium print?  Or does this sound feasible?

Of course I am making another lighter print but is there any way not to
waste the dark one?

CHEERS!

BOB

 Please check my website:  <http://www.bobkiss.com/> http://www.bobkiss.com/

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you are going to
live forever".  Mahatma Gandhi

"Earth" without "art" is just "Eh"!  (Anonymous graffiti posted on Facebook)

“Madonne e fiori, trionfo eterno di gioventù!”  from Mattinata Fiorentina by
Antonella Ruggiero

database 8577 (20130717) __________

http://www.eset.com