[Alt-photo] Re: A DEFINITIVE ANSWER?

Diana Bloomfield dlhbloomfield at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 20:50:13 UTC 2013

You could always use the darker one, and write up some esoteric reasoning for why you preferred and ultimately chose ('preferred' and 'chose' being the key words here) to print the image so dark.  That's probably what I would do.  And then I'd get a brighter light bulb.  :)  You probably could do some weird bleaching, but you'd get a less than desirable, uneven, grainy print from it (I'm guessing).

Just bite the bullet, and re-print it.  Another option might be to add a gum layer to it.  I'm not sure it would actually brighten it, but a layer of a warm golden pigment, for instance, might make it more interesting and give it a look that is more desirable.  And then write an esoteric piece about that.

So-- yes-- all in all, I'd go with the esoteric reasoning no matter what you decide to do.  And if you make it as indecipherable as possible, who can argue with that?

Diana