[Alt-photo] Re: A DEFINITIVE ANSWER?

Diana Bloomfield dlhbloomfield at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 23:41:08 UTC 2013

Hi Bob,

I've obviously never bleached a pt/pd print, but I am guessing that it might be difficult to get an even tonality, and you might also lose some smoothness.  But I could be wrong.  If I wanted to know how to do it, though, I would not try it on an otherwise acceptable 20x24 print.   I also would not throw out the print.  I'd keep it, and just consider it a darker version.   If every alt process print came out looking exactly the same, with no differences-- I would be shocked and a bit disappointed.  At that point, you may as well just make a few digital prints and embrace the sameness.

Diana