[Alt-photo] Re: casein on glass

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 16:25:02 UTC 2013

On Jun 7, 2013, at 3:38 PM, Guido Ceuppens <altguido at gmail.com> wrote:

> Very interesting work!
> If I want transparent acrylic colors with casein (I think you may want that
> for back-lit photographs on glass) I use Winsor&Newton Galeria acrylic
> paints :
> C = (Cyan) Winsor Blue PB15
> M = (Magenta) Crimson PR170
> Y = (Yellow) Transparent yellow PY150
> These are all single-pigment colors and reasonably transparent.
> Guido
> www.guidoceuppens.be

thanks Guido! I think it was you, who mentioned acrylics as pigment for casein prints. I've tried gouache, but haven't exactly found the right amount, so with acrylic process black, the drop is right on the spot, more starts to flake.

I have printed with inkjet < 50 prints in colour, but > 10000 in B&W, so it's time to do casein prints in colour!

W&N is readily available from the tiny window glass, windshield, framing and art store in my neighbourhood.  And I get artist's discount, so I'll try to see, if they have these colours off-the-shelf.

thanks

-matti