[Alt-photo] Re: Epson printing tip

Kees Brandenburg workshops at polychrome.nl
Mon Jun 17 09:03:17 UTC 2013

On 17 jun. 2013, at 03:33, Marek Matusz <marekmatusz at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The other trick is to increase platen gap from a standard setting. I was seeing some stripes on the prints (venetian blinds) and as soon as I increased platen gap they went away.

Hi Marek,

Did you know you can define 'custom paper' options from the printers display? Click on Menu | Custom Papers. Here you can make presets for special papers like sheets for negatives. You can define platen gap settings, but also drying time and two paper feed fine tuning options (A and B). There's also a paper thickness check.  Once set the printer saves the setting under a custom paper number you can choose from the menu each time you want to print negatives. I  use one for negatives with a slightly higher platen gap and some extra drying time. Works perfectly.

Kees