[Alt-photo] Re: LightBox Photographic/Katharine Thayer exhibit

Hans Nohlberg chiahans at pictoform.nu
Wed Mar 20 21:01:30 UTC 2013

Hi

We have followed this list since almost the start of it. Of course we would like to participate in this exhibition, if possible. We have visited her site so many times.... Her passion about gum printing inspired us further!
Chia is a gum printer and will try to get some work submitted.

H&C

17 mar 2013 kl. 16.07 skrev Diana Bloomfield:

> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to let you know about an exhibit that's been in the works for a while now, and it's finally come together.  Lightbox Photographic, located in Astoria, Oregon, is near where Katharine Thayer lived.  She knew Michael and Chelsea, the owners of LightBox.  And Katharine and I actually emailed each other, almost daily.  And, of course, she was a huge help to me when I was trying to learn gum printing.  She and I were once in a pinhole exhibit together-- out in Seattle-- some years ago, but I didn't fly out there, and so we never actually met.  I had some work in a group show at Lightbox a few years ago, too, which Katharine went to see.  Again, I didn't go.  I felt that Katharine was a good friend of mine-- though we corresponded only via email.  She was always so supportive.  Michael and Chelsea used to joke that they should have an exhibit with the two of us-- "Friends Who Never Met."   Not long after Katharine passed away, we talked with her family about doing somethin
> g like this.
>
> Anyway-- this exhibit is now coming up, and it's really in memory of Katharine, but also a way to honor her artistry  as a gum printer.  So the exhibit will feature Katharine's work.  I have some work in it, too, but we thought it would be great to have a call for gum prints.  So I wanted to post this.  I hope those of you who are doing gum will submit some of your work.
>
> I'm excited about the exhibit.  Katharine was so passionate about gum printing -- and her website is still up for those interested.  I know someone posted, asking about this recently (katharinethayer.com).   At any rate, I hope those who are doing gum will submit, and anyone living in the area will come to the exhibit.  I'm sure her family will be there, as will I, and it will be a treat to get to see some of Katharine's work in person.
>
> Thanks.  If you have any additional questions about it, let me know.  The link is below:
>
> http://lightbox-photographic.com/call-for-entries/two_friends_who_never_met
>
> -Diana

PS . Vår hemsida är nu äntligen uppdaterad!
Our website is, finally, updated!

Atelier Pictoform
Hans Nohlberg & Chia N-Löfqvist
Folketshusgatan 1