[alt-photo] Re: Old buffer

Christina Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 17:22:49 GMT 2013

Marek,
The stop bath is Sprint, acetic acid, which is working strength about 1-2%. Kodak would be fine if it didn't have yellow in it.  But I have not thought to use EDTA to acidify, that is a new one. I always learn from you!

How do you test to see if it removed the carbonate buffers? Just with a pH pen or is there some residual calcium test?

Roxanne, It is never a bad thing to repost a bit of information because not everyone searches the archives. Thanks for this reminder about vinegar. I have vinegar as 5% acetic acid. This is a great idea. I could easily bring a jug of vinegar into the darkroom and it should be cheaper than a 5lb bag of citric.
Chris