[alt-photo] Christina's Gum Printing Book

Christine Candora-Hickey inkyalchemy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 16:18:56 GMT 2013

Hello All,

I'm mostly a lurker on this list, having only been a member for a few short
months.  I prefer lurker/learner since I do read everything you discuss and
have learned a great deal from everyone's experiences in alt process.  I
just wanted to take a moment and congratulate Christina on her book, and
those who's work was included, as it truly is a great resource and will be
very treasured as I move forward in my own gum printing.

Diana Bloomfield, my mentor and friend, recommended that I purchase the
book.  Diana taught me gum printing back in the summer and I have been
slowly finding my own groove with the process.  I can't thank Diana enough
for making that recommendation.  The book is gorgeous!  It arrived
yesterday and I must admit, I have really only spent looking at the images,
but I can tell already that it is going to be a fabulous resource (maybe I
won't have to bug Diana as much!).  In just spending time looking at the
images, I want to say how wonderful it is that the photographers have a
blurb under their work.  I have never encountered that before and it is
such a treat to hear from the actual artist.

As a new gum printer, this book is going to be much loved, well read, and
referred to again and again!

Thank you for sharing this book with us!
--
Christine Candora-Hickey