[Alt-photo] USHIO-FREESTYLE BULB O.K. FOR 26-1KS?

KISS BOB bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Sun May 5 18:23:53 UTC 2013

DEAR LIST,
      I think this is on topic because I use my 26-1KS
Metal Halide plate burner exclusively for making alt photo
prints; cyano, pt/pd, salt, & albumen.
      A while back someone pointed out the Ushio MHL1000/1
Nuarc GW114 Plate Burner Bulb (metal halide) available
from Freestyle (about $50) as a much less expensive
alternative to the metal halide replacement bulb (about
$170) made for my plate burner.  However, this Ushio bulb
is rated at 1200 W and the manufacturer's recommended bulb
is 800 w.  That is a 50% increase in power draw and I
suspect it would at least blow fuses in the burner if not
fry some of the bulb power supply circuits.
      Has anyone *personally* (as opposed to anecdotal
"knowledge") successfully used the Ushio bulb in their
26-1KS Metal Halide plate burner?
                           CHEERS!
                              BOB