[Alt-photo] Re: Was Sulfamic now VDB and pt/pd gold leaf

sanking at clemson.edu sanking at clemson.edu
Tue May 7 21:37:53 UTC 2013

Gold toned vandykes are, in my opinion, the most interesting looking of
the iron sensitive alternative prints. The beautiful blue-black look is
truly unique in this type of print, and when toned, and processed
correctly,  the prints are probably as stable as pt/pd prints.

These days I do most of my printing with carbon transfer, but for those
who might be interested in gold toned vandykes see my article.
http://www.sandykingphotography.com/resources/technical-writing/vandyke

And toning a print with the minimum solution of a gold-thiourea toner, as
Loris describes, is very economical.

Sandy