[Alt-photo] Re: Was Sulfamic now VDB and pt/pd gold leaf

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Tue May 7 14:12:18 UTC 2013

I see, OTOH 1g gold chloride would make 2000ml gold-thiourea toner which is
pretty workable (in a use and discard regime) by diluting 1+2 or 1+3. About
60-150ml diluted toner would suffice for prints sized between 5x7" to
11x14", in flat bottomed trays.

I should find a vellum that works locally, haven't succeeded in that so
far, but I haven't looked hard enough.

Regards,
Loris.

2013/5/7 Christina Anderson <christinazanderson at gmail.com>

> Loris,
> I don't do gold toner, that's on their own dime. I create bulk supplies
for cyano, vdb or argro, casein and gum because it is much cheaper and
easier that way. They are on their own for their pt/pd kit and any other
process they want to try. I think the initial purchase of gold toner is a
bit prohibitive for them after purchasing the pt/pd kit, paper, and
Pictorico!

> The pt/pd over gold leaf is really exquisite. They did gold, copper,
silver. The biggest problem for them was the wrinkling of the vellum but
one student mastered it beautifully. Very exquisite tree shadows on
buildings at night, 5x5 squares in 8-ply mats.
> Chris
>
> Christina Z. Anderson
> christinaZanderson.com
>
> On May 7, 2013, at 7:40 AM, Loris Medici wrote:
>
> > Do you include toning w/ VDB and/or Argyrotype? Since you're also doing
> > Pt/Pd the price for the toner would mind perhaps?
> >
> > Those Pt/Pd over gold leaf are really gorgeous, I would imagine they are
> > great sellers - since everybody can understand / relate to that. It's
> > sometimes hard to explain laymen (Or should it be laypeople, for the
sake
> > of being politically correct? - That was a Siegel-esque joke BTW...)
that