[Alt-photo] Re: casein and Ferrari red

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Tue May 14 05:56:39 UTC 2013

Hi Chris,

> But PR 254 is diketo pyrrollo-pyrole. Don't have any idea why that would make this happen instantly. Does anyone have a guess why this pigment causes instant coaglulation and precipitation of the casein??? Is it just an acidity thing or is it a metallic salt? It precipitated the casein into squishy curds. Never seen this happen so rapidly before...

PR254 is not a metallic salt. Are you mixing pure pigment?
I believe you are still using pure ammonium caseinate, right? As Marek
suggested, it may be a matter of casein stock.
What happens if you add a few drops of ammonia solution to your casein and
then you add the pigment a little at a time?

Alberto
www.facebook.com/alberto.novo.1
www.grupponamias.com
www.alternativephotography.com/wp/photographers/rodolfo-namias-group