[Alt-photo] Re: Was Sulfamic Argyrotype and toning

Serdar Bilici sbilici at gmail.com
Tue May 14 08:33:41 UTC 2013

Hi Marek,

I am looking forward to see toned argyrotypes. I had similar varieties of
color with different papers. In my tests with Canson Montval  (20C %65RH) I
also had reddish tones, very much like colors of mahogany.

One thing about oxalic acid, a quick search results tell that oxalic acid
will react with silver and silver compounds forming explosive silver
oxalate.I feel like you should re-consider oxalic acid use in silver
processes, not because of explosive warning, but because it reacts with
silver.

Sulfamic acid as a bleacher works very effectively even at %0,1, I was
curious about its effects especially with argyrotype, but it actually
dissolves silver not bleaches it. That might be problematic imo.

Best Regards
Serdar