[Alt-photo] Re: Was Sulfamic Argyrotype and toning

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Wed May 15 13:49:24 UTC 2013

Hi Sandy, I agree for Vandykes (same results here, since the beginning),
but I yet have to manage to get fully blue-black (from highlights to
shadows) gold toned prints with Argyrotype, the deepest shadows remain very
slightly warm against the mid tones and highlights... Perhaps it due the
addition of glycerin to the stock solution, do you add glycerin?

The shelf life / stability of the toner is good but can't be considered
stable; I haven't used toner older than 3 months, I mix 1000-2000ml small
batches... I do it that way since I saw gold deposits on the sides of the
bottle that was sitting around 5-6 months. (Maybe it started to deposit
earlier - I can't be sure, it was waiting my attention in the closet...)
OTOH, my gold salt is different than what you all use; I don't have access
to straight gold chloride (can't buy it locally) therefore I use locally
avaiable potassium tetrachloroaurate.

Regards,
Loris.