[Alt-photo] Re: Papers for Palladium

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Wed Nov 6 09:13:51 UTC 2013

Hi Catherine,

If possible, measure the amnt. of solution by milliliters using thin
syringes with 0.1ml resolution (using separated / dedicated syringes for
each solution)... The properties of each solutions differ, consequently
their drop sizes also differ (sometimes considerably!), therefore the drop
count may not be 100% reliable. (You need equal amounts of iron and noble
metal solution for optimum results...)

As for coating volume; my standard is 0.025ml per sq. in., some papers need
a little less than that, some a little more. For 8 1/2 x 11" coating area,
my standard would translate to ~2.3 - 2.4ml total volume. (Which is around
55-60 drops (of water!) with my cheap plastic pipettes - very close to
Christina's count, but only for water and solutions close to water; it's
not the same for 25% AFC for instance...)

​Regards,
Loris.​