[Alt-photo] Re: Papers for Palladium

BOB KISS bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Wed Nov 6 13:54:29 UTC 2013

DEAR CATHERINE,

            I live in Barbados in the tropics and my darkroom is usually
around 60% rel hum with the A/C on and up to 80% rel hum (or more during the
rainy season) with the A/C off and I STILL must rehumidify my coated paper
before printing or I get exactly those symptoms that you get; low Dmax,
gritty/grainy images, slower speed.  When I have rehumidified my paper, the
coated side feels cooler and slightly damp to the touch.  When I feel this I
get excellent prints.  If I print without feeling this, I get the problems
you described.

            So I sincerely feel that the problems are not with COT 320 or
Platine but because you do not rehumidify the paper before exposing.  Try it
with both the COT and Platine and see what happens.

                        CHEERS!

                                    BOB

  _____