[Alt-photo] Re: Papers for Palladium

Diana Bloomfield dlhbloomfield at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 14:34:15 UTC 2013

Hi Bob,

You are correct about humidifying paper.  But that really was not my problem with the COT320.  The old stock I had worked just fine-- paper that had really sat around for a while.  I used it without even humidifying, and it was great.  The new paper I purchased, at different sizes, simply was not the same paper.  I'm not the only person who seemed to have problems with it.  I got tired of buying it from various places to see if I could get a decent stock-- and I couldn't.  Also, I had no trouble coating with Arches Platine (stored in the same environment).  Once I got on to Revere-- like I said-- I never looked back.  It is, bar none, the best paper for pt/pd printing I've ever used.  No struggles at all; in fact, it seems almost *too* easy. ;)

My feeling is-- if, indeed, the paper is the problem-- (and in Catherine's case, I'm not at all convinced that it is)-- why keep struggling and testing and spending money on "bad" paper when there's a great paper out there-- and so much easier to purchase, too?

I don't know-- I don't have time for dealing with distributors and makers of paper who can't seem to get their act together to (1) keep the paper in stock so it's readily available for  purchase; and (2) maintain the paper's consistency/integrity.   Maybe the makers/distributors of COT320 have it together at this point, but until Revere screws up and starts doing something different with their paper, or they can't manage to keep it on the shelves,  I'll keep using that.  It's (relatively) affordable, easily available, and gorgeous paper for pt/pd.  And I've yet to have to humidify the paper.  (Oh-- and I also never liked those sharp finished edges on COT320.)  :)

Diana