[Alt-photo] Re: lith printing anomaly

Christina Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 21:40:17 UTC 2013

Dear Ryuji,
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I think the idea of going to a regular developer would certainly cast more light on the problem. Sorry I am replying to this a whole month later!! It has been one heck of a semester.

I have not yet figured out the issue, but have found that another person on Facebook started reporting the same issue with the same developer (Fotospeed LD20) so the plot thickens. Whatever the case the students got some VERY intriguing prints out of this spotty effect so made lemonade out of lemons, but I will probably chalk it up to the developer and switch it to a different one next year. I have also wondered about temperature of developer and strength.  I use 1+12 when doing lith but others go up to 1+20.

Chris