[Alt-photo] lith printing anomaly

Christina Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 16:21:17 UTC 2013

Dear All,
I posted a couple images on my website of a lith phenomenon I have never seen before. Anyone else experience this and figure it out?

Fotospeed Lith Developer
Papers are Arista, Ilford MGIV, Ilford Warmtone, the middle one not suitable at all for lith but the students used it.

Tim Rudman thinks it could be erratic local development in the first stage with cause unknown.  He has not seen it much and suggests a controlled test of it.

This is the benefit of teaching. I never get bored seeing student work because after thousands and thousands of images to grade no two are alike. And I never get bored of teaching because there is always something to learn and something to stump you. But the poor students were pretty disappointed..

I hope lith is not another process to go by the wayside like Polaroid, Infrared, etc :( The former great papers are just not there anymore.
Chris

http://christinaanderson.visualserver.com/Text_page.cfm?pID=1953

Christina Z. Anderson
http://christinaZanderson.com/