[Alt-photo] Re: lith printing anomaly

Kevin Morris kmorris at stouffer.net
Mon Oct 14 14:21:09 UTC 2013

Hi Christina,

What makes this hard to track down is how random is appears to be. I've seen
similar spots on film occasionally and the closest we can figure is that
they are a small cluster of silver in the emulsion that didn't smooth out
properly during the coating process. But, that only happens on one sheet in
maybe 800-1000 sheets of 8x10 film and that is only one spot (silver
cluster). I've never seen it with paper, Ilford or Arista.

One question though. Are these prints being contact printed, maybe with a
vacuum board?

Sincerely,

Kevin Morris
Stouffer Industries