[Alt-photo] Re: 1st attempt

Jack Brubaker jack at jackbrubaker.com
Wed Oct 23 14:15:31 UTC 2013

You will find it interesting (if you haven't already done so) to search the
archives of this list on the subject of gum. One of the striking things is
that many people are making fine prints with very different methods. Your
method is working but I think you want to fine tune it. If so, while others
can share their preferred methods, you may get fine results by just
tinkering. If I had made your print, I would think about using a thinner
coat with less pigment. Experiment and keep notes. Many printers are now
using less dichromate with good results while saving an expensive material
and having a less toxic process. Again Chris Anderson's book "Gum Printing
and other amazing contact printing processes" is the encyclopedia of
current and historical knowledge. It is available at:
http://www.alternativephotography.com/wp/

Jack