[Alt-photo] Re: ALT- Lithophane, Wax Molding of Gelatin Relief and Contact Print with Wax Relief

Dave S fotodave at dsoemarko.us
Thu Sep 26 01:25:14 UTC 2013

I have not seen wax lithophane but have seen porcelain one when I was in
France about 15 years ago. My memory on it is fading now, but if I remember
correctly, the relief seemed to be much deeper with carbon relief. For
carbon, you have to angle the print to see the "shallow" relief whereas the
lithophane that I saw had a clear relief like carving. Of course it doesn't
mean that shallow relief of carbon may not work, however.

Dave