[Alt-photo] Re: Carbon transfer exhibition

Sandy King sanking at clemson.edu
Mon Feb 3 22:16:42 UTC 2014

Ankide,

Thank you for your comments about my research on pictorialism. I had a lot of fun doing the research, especially the opportunity to see so many vintage prints by different processes from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Sorry you did not understand my comment about carbon uranium, but looks like you will have to get in line as you were not the only one who did not understand. The comment came to mind because some carbon printers I know are using special metallic pigments to make their tissue. As you might guess, the metallic particles give  a shiny reflective color to the final image. Most people doing this are using gold metallic pigments. Uranium came to mind because I recently read a strange post on the B&S forum by someone called "Imagine Mei" that pertained to uranium printing, and that writing came to mind as the most extravagant metal to add to make a carbon print.

Again, your work is lovely, hope lots of folks in Spain get to see it. I will post the link on the Yahoo carbon forum if you don't mind.

un saludo,

Sandy