[Alt-photo] Re: Carbon transfer exhibition

Richard Knoppow 1oldlens1 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 4 17:12:03 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandy King" <sanking at clemson.edu>
To: <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 8:47 AM
Subject: [Alt-photo] Re: Carbon transfer exhibition

Hi Ankide,

I started a thread about your exhibition on the carbon forum
on yahoo.

Not sure if you are subscribed to the group, but if not I
invite you to do so. There are several members already on
the list from Spain.

Best,

Sandy

     As all of you know three-color carbon was widely used
for high quality originals for making four-color
photoengraving plates for advertising until supplanted by
dye transfer or direct photography of Kodachrome.   The
process was supposed to be very beautiful but extremely
difficult.
    I have been to many of the local photography galleries
but do not remember ever seeing a color carbon print.  I
suppose those made for advertising were destroyed but some
must have survived. The process was also used by some
photographers, again, I don't think I've ever seen on
exhibit.
    I would love to see Ankide's exhibit but can't.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
dickburk at ix.netcom.com