[Alt-photo] Re: choice of paper for Pt and gum over Pt prints - wasRe: Re: Replacement paper for Arches Aquarelle

Jean Daubas jean.daubas at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 28 15:21:54 UTC 2014

Hi Diana,

As far as I can remember, it is the “real” paper “Arches BFK Rives” which is used : it is a 100% cotton white paper with a kind of Satin surface, 4 decled edges and “BFK RivesFrance” watermark. I know it in 210, 250, 270 gsm.
It must not be confused withe the  “Velin BFK Rives” which exists in 210, 250,270, 280 and 300gsm in various colours : white, antique white, and ivory. It is a Velin, which I think is “vellum” in american English but seems to be “wove paper” in the genuine British Shakespearian language!!!.
Hope it helps...
cheers from france
    jean