[Alt-photo] Re: UV light box

Laura V laura at lavatop.com
Thu Mar 6 00:41:14 UTC 2014

Hi Bob,
I was asking here about lighting a couple of months ago and got this
link from Kees Brandenburg showing his lightbox (maybe he's too busy
moving the list to see this thread) :)
http://polychrome.nl/techlog/simple-and-cheap-uv-unit

As you can see, the bulbs look pretty close together. I ended up having
a similar unit built (which took almost 3 months - I just picked it up
so haven't tried it yet!) I had the electrical part done at a place
specializing in fluorescent lighting and asked them to put the bulbs as
close together as was safe to do so. It's in the trunk of my car down
the street at the moment and it's snowing, so I'll get back to you as to
the exact distance. Mine has 10 bulbs and the width is smaller than the
24" (60cm) length, so that is a lot closer than 4 inches apart.

Perhaps someone else can fill us in whether they need to be that close
together, or maybe it's just a matter of the more bulbs the quicker the
exposure.

Best Regards,
Laura