Re: Liquid Light

Mike Ware (mike@mikeware.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 7 Jan 1996 18:11:33 +0000

Sandy Vrooman wrote:

>I have been experimenting with Liquid Light and have come up with
>some problems.

I have no personal experience with this medium, but I have just seen an
advance copy of a book which looks as if it may provide the answers to his
problems (and much more besides):

'Silver Gelatin - A User's Guide to Liquid Photographic Emulsions'
by Martin Reed and Sarah Jones.
ISBN 0-924346-1-X. P/back, price 19.99 UKP.
Published by Working Books Ltd., 3, Quadrant Court, Middle Street, Taunton,
Somerset, England, TA1 1SJ.
Tel: +44 (0)1823 334 9954; Fax: +44 (0)1823 334 897.

This is a highly detailed practical manual which reviews the various
emulsions commercially available; tells you how to make your own, and
discusses the surface preparation for a whole range of substrates,
including many papers. In addition to all the technical process data, there
is an attractively printed portfolio section, showing the work of many
contemporary practitioners.

I'm told the book should be available by the end of this month.

Mike