Re: kallitypes

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Mon, 8 Jan 96 21:33 GMT

> "anything not covered by Nicely's patent BP5374 shouldn't be called a
> kallitype"
>
> I recently read this on the list.
> Where can I get a copy of this patent?
> Or what is the original formula?

Philiippe, I think it may have been me who quoted it - as an example of a
patently absurd statement that had appeared in print recently. (Couldn't
resist it!)

The kallitype process is given in many books on old processes - most of
which more or less give it as Nicol did. For example Crawford in 'The
Keepers of Light' gives directions for two kallitype processes, one of which
is essentially Nicol's original.

You could also try the FAQ and WWW pages on Alt photo.