Re: Rives BFK, again, again

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 01:55:50 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Luis Nadeau wrote:
> I too have a bit of a problem with the statement that they haven't changed
> formulas in 200+ years. Now it is true, as reported in several of my books,
> that the conglomerate Arjomari-Prioux (Ar=Arches; Jo=Johannot; Ri-Rives,
> etc.) was extremely reluctant to jump on the acid-free bandwagon of the 70s
> (no I'm not talking about LSD;-))

Until I find the pH pen (for what that's worth), I note that on page 101 of
the Daniel Smith Reference Catalog for 1995-6 it says Rives BFK is "100%
cotton, acid free and buffered...." I'm pretty sure I saw same thing
somewhere else, too.....tho of course any or all of it could be figment
of the paper-buyer's imagination.....

Judy