Re: bromoil

Henk Thijs (tys@masadm1.mas.eurocontrol.be)
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 09:01:47 GMT

Sandy wrote:
>Did not Jennifer state that she used Kentmere (Lumnos) SW-ART)? This
>paper ( and I have used it for carbro) definitely does not have
>a layer of super-coating. This can be observed very easily in
>its tendency to develop stress and abrasion marks from routine
>handling. I don't know how it works with bromoil, and there are
>some problems with carbro that I will comment on in due time, but
>it is for sure not super-coated.
Dear Sandy,
Half a year ago I contacted the Kentmere supplier in Holland and he assured me
that all, and he was very clear in this, Kentmere papers -and others- were
in some way or another coated nowadays, and if you compare the real bromoil
Fotokemika paper with Kentmere, Ilford(Galery a.o.),Kodak (Elite),Agfa(Record
Rapid) there is a real big difference if you see the relief , laying on the
paper, after the last soaking.
Also the inking is uncomparable; without the comparison I would not dare to
argue with the experienced people on this list, but in this specific case....
All the best (still no news from the Spanish Schmidt Bromoil print book?)
greetings
Henk

P.S.
the address for the Gryspeerdt video: