Re: bromoil

Henk Thijs (tys@masadm1.mas.eurocontrol.be)
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 13:02:32 GMT

Klaus wrote:
>Why publishing guesses if you can ask the people who make the stuff? I just
>called Kentmere and they assured me that their Document Art paper definitely is
>n o t supercoated. Be careful to rely on dealer's information.
Dear Klaus,
If things were so easy: calling a factory and they assure you etc.etc.
In 'The Alternative Photography Review' Volume 1 Number 3, Autumn 1995, page 6
,an article called 'The Bromoil Process' by Kirk Toft the following remark can
be found:............Kentmere DocArt having no protective layer of hardened
gelatine coated on top of the emulsion - a l t h o u g h Kentmere have
recently hardened the emulsion slightly.
So you have to rely on own experience and can be surprised by every new box of
paper or can of ink.
This you also can find in the David Lewis book in respect to the ink. He orders
a lot of a certain black ink and could throw it away due to the fact that the
manufacturer changed the formulae.
greetings, Henk , The Netherlands