Re: Monochrome pigment tissue on polyester support

J. Wayde Allen 303-497-5871 (allen@boulder.nist.gov)
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 12:13:14 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, Stefan Stecher wrote:

> Does anyone use plastic supports for monochrome work or would you call me
> a fool ? :-))

For what it's worth, I've been experimenting with coating plastic sheets
for monochrome work. I haven't actually printed anything with one of
these though. I've found the gelatin doesn't stick to all kinds of
plastic. Overhead transparency sheets coat well, but the gelatin
separates as it dries.

Did you use a clear mylar sheet or a frosted one? I was only able to
find a piece of frosted mylar at the art store, and thought that perhaps
the "tooth" of the frosted side would help with adhesion. However, I was
hoping to use clear sheets.

- Wayde Allen
(allen@boulder.nist.gov)