Re: paper for platinium

Keith Schreiber (KEITH@ccp.arizona.edu)
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 17:13:33 -0700 (MST)

Stefan writes:
> Does anyone have good experiences with Fabriano watercolor painting paper
> with platinium / palladium printing?
> It s the 100 % cotton type, smooth surface and weight of about 300 g or more.

Several years ago I tried one of the Fabriano WC papers (there are
several varieties - I don't remember which it was) for pt/pd.
Although the image looked beautifully rich and subtle in the
developer, when lifted out it slid right off the paper leaving just a
faint gray trace.
I haven't tried any Fabriano papers since and did not include any in
the paper tests that I am still working on. More on that soon.

Keith Schreiber
Center for Creative Photography
University of Arizona
Tucson, Arizona 85721