Re: Bromoil workshop

Henk Thijs (tys@masadm1.mas.eurocontrol.be)
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 13:25:35 GMT

Per wrote:
>Another question - I have been using Kentmere Art de luxe, grade 2, double
>weight paper for bromoils for some time, Quite often I suddenly get some
>black spots on the print, usually after two or three soakings in water. The
>spots are not ink, it is possible to see them develop and grow on the
>print, from nothing and up to at least an inch in diameter. At first I
>thought this was the result of improper washing, but later tests show this
>disgusting behaviour with VERY well - washed prints with VERY well - washed
>prints too.
In the 'Mebes' bromoil bible I only found one description of regular black
spots: brush hairs (stiff brush or too heavy brush movements)
piercing the gelatine with the effect of small black-ink- spots.
The growing would be due to the fact that the water is
expanding beneath the gelatine and/or the ink is filling up the wholes.
But he is only referring to s m a l l spots. Hope this helps.
greetings Henk