Re: Mining the Internet

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 23:43:51 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, M Rand Carlton wrote:

> The other day, while wasting my time searching for something totally
> unrelated to alternative processes, I stumbled onto what appears to be the
> "motherload" of pigments.
>
> This company seems to specialize in art supplies and information of historic
> or traditional nature, ie:

Oh Rand, I'm so disappointed -- you haven't been reading my mail! I've
mentioned Kremer Pigments a couple of times .... INCLUDING the fact that
they have a shop right across town. That's *New York* town, of course.

That is, Kremer Pigments, 228 Elizabeth St (corner of Prince), NYC 10012,
212/219-2394. fax 212-219-2395. An interesting neighborhood, used to be
just plain lower east side, now lots of artists, eastern fringe of Soho,
edge of Little Italy, just above China Town. You could go for Chinese
afterwards.

> "Kremer Pigmente (German for Pigments) is a company located in Germany, that
> has been in existence for over 20 years now. It is still a relatively small

They also have an 800 number for orders: 1/800-995-5501.

> They have a dozen pigments for black.

I tried about four of them. The best for gum was Furnace Black, at
least with my system. "Bitumen" was tempting (thinking of Niepce), but
didn't work.

So y'all come and visit, hear?

Judy