Re: Copy of: Re: Continuous Tone Film

Tillman Crane (tillman@midcoast.com)
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 16:59:17 -0500

Hi Terry,
i am going to jump in and suggest a film for continous tone negatives. Its
made by AGFA, called Gevatone CONTONE film .004 N31p HBRV2. This is the
full listing on the box. It is a graphic arts film that comes 40x50 cm. You
can get it through Palladio Company in Medford MA Phone # 800 628
9618.Palladio carries it in several sizes. I have also gotten it through
graphic arts supply houses but only in 40x50 cm sizes. It has a tonal range
similar to gravure positive or better. It is on a very thin base so it
dries quickly. I have used it for over 5 years with excellent results. I
procees it in HC110 1:7 for positives and HC110 1:4 for negatives, starting
with a time for ach of 5 inutes at 70 degrees.

good luck.

tillman crane