Re: Digital gum images in online show

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 16:21:59 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Jim Spiri wrote:
> Judy- i still haven't finished reading the entire archive so i know i'm not
> sposed to be contributing but i did (there was a thread touching on

Good grief, Jim, I am not now nor have I ever been a member of the list
police (am I?). But I'm delighted to read:

> esthetics-concerning whether a full scale and max Dmax were the measure of a
> successful platinum print- i recall a tiny platinum self portrait at MOMA by
> Steichen that's all low midtones, yet has TONS of values within dat scale...)

Ive been telling them and telling them -- maybe they'll listen to you.
(Did I mention Mortensen and his "god is in the midtones" philosophy?
Hope so.)

Judy

PS. Actually, *contributions* cannot but be warmly welcomed by all. And it
occurs to me to add that, despite the Julius Pfeiffer cartoon about people
not reading, e-mailers, even us mean-spirited bashers, spend a LOT of
their time reading and writing. Which is to say, the dark ages not yet.

J.