Re: Info on emulsion or process

Steve Avery ((no email))
Fri, 01 Mar 1996 02:08:51 +1100

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 06:23:52 -0800
From: gini@ix.netcom.com (Virginia Boehm)
Subject: Re: Info on emulsion or process
To: alt-photo-process@vast.unsw.edu.au

You wrote:

..
>I am a multimedia artist and I have this project that involves making
>large photography (6x6 ft aprox) directly onto a cement floor.
>Thus, I am looking for some gel or emulsion that I could apply to the
floor
>so to make it light-sensitive; and then do the enlargment on it.
>
>I know about "Liqued Light"; I am looking for somthingh similar but
in
>color. I do not care if I don't get much definition or if the work
fades
>away after a while.
>
>If anybody can give me some info on it (or were to get it) I will
>appreciate a lot.
>
> Anke
>af_schw@alcor.concordia.ca

Don't know of a color equivalent to liquid light. The problem with
most alternative processes is that the light of an enlarger won't do it
- - UV is needed as is a contact-sized negative (or positive, depending
on the process)

Would suggest you use liquid light, then color the image with photo
oils. On cement (which I assume you will seal *very* thoroughly before
applying the liquid light) the oils will take a long time to dry, but
once they are dry, it should last for a long time. Just guesswork -
I've never tried anything like this.

Gini

------- End of Forwarded Message