Re: Jose Ortiz E.

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Thu, 18 Apr 96 21:47 BST-1

Jose Ortiz-Echague: Photographs
Gordon Fraser, London 1979
First Published in Spain by Incafo, Castello, 59 Madrid-1

ISBN 0-86092-016-X

Many Gordon Fraser titles were also published in the USA - often by
Aperture. This is possibly more likely to turn up secondhand there as the
text is in English.

'All the plates in this book (48) are reproduced duotone from original
photographs developed on Carbondir paper'

There is an autobiographical note and also a biographical note; both give
some comments on the process.

I have to say I found this book rather disappointing having seen some very
fine examples of his work (possibly at the RPS - who I am sure have some).
There are some reproduced here but there are quite a few of the 48 which I
think do nothing to enhance his reputation as a photographer.

Peter

Family Album/Gay Pride - http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/index.html
Also on Fixing Shadows: ----------- http://fermi.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Future Press and elsewhere... E-Mail: petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk