Re: Re:Photogravure

Steve Avery (stevea@sedal.usyd.edu.AU)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 10:22:50 +1000

Hi all,
The following message is from Carson Graves (carson@ileaf.com). Please
respond to him if you have personal email.
Carson, the email address that this message came from is
LEAFUSA!ZAMA.HQ.ILEAF.COM!CARSON@ILEAF.COM (yuck!). If this is liable to
be a permanent change, let me know and I'll adjust your subscription.

cheers
-steve

----------------------<Included message follows>----------------------
David Morrish <dmorrish@beothuk.swgc.mun.ca> writes:

> I'm intrigued by the use of copy toner as a resist. How do you adhere
> it to the plate? Heat? Fumes? Have you thought of trying it *OVER* the
> dried gelatine resist? That technique works very well with rosin,
> believe it or not.

You are dusting over the resist after it has been sensitized and dried,
but before exposure, adhesion, and development (washing out) - or, after
the resist is exposed, adhered and developed? If the latter, please give
more details. Doesn't heating the rosin also damage the gelatin? I can
see that this would solve some of the problems of adhering the resist
over a dusted plate. Of course, the secondary screen exposure you
mentioned earlier also does that.

Still, your comment made me curious.

Carson Graves
carson@ileaf.com

PS: I'd also like to join the chorus of thank yous to Steve for
persevering and gettin alt-photo back online. The withdrawal was quite
severe.