Copy of: Cyanotype colour and Kallitypes

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 15:05:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, TERRY KING wrote:
> The purplish tone can be
> obtained by humidifying the paper before exposure. Any othe toning process has a

Terry, I thought I had tested, or at least read about every cyanotype
"toner" under the great UV point-light source in the sky, and now you
dish up another one. Where did you get it? Is this your invention? Passed
on to you by a little old independent researcher at Lacock Abbey?

Are there any special instructions for humidifying? Suspend
over a tray of warm water? Hold in front of the tea kettle?

Do you usually/sometimes/never humidify your own prints?

I've also noticed a fairly wide range of tone from greenish blue to
purplish blue from the paper alone. Have been told it's pH. Has anyone
experimented with varying the pH of the paper?

Yours for at least sighs of pleasure,

Judy