Re: Copy of: Cyanotype colour and Kallitypes

Pekka Nikrus (pnikrus@uiah.fi)
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 16:03:57 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Judy Seigel wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Pekka Nikrus wrote:
> >
> > I just jump in to ask if you've tried lead acetate?
> > it gives a nice blue. but is EXTREMELY not nice to work with, can cause
> > cancer!
> >
> Last year I tried (for second time) the lead acetate cyanotype toner that
> Bob Schramm had good results with. Didn't change my color at all. We decided
> that might be because he used a different emulsion formula.
>
> Judy

I used the cyanotype formula from Keepers of Light a bit modified
(somewhat more chemistry/water). The lead acetate solution was about 5%
and I used it warmed up to about 40 degrees centigrade. This turned my
cyanotypes deep blue, beautiful ultramarine.
The paper used was Arches Aquarelle 300g, Ph neutral.

_PEKKA NIKRUS__<pnikrus@uiah.fi>________UNIVERSITY OF ART AND DESIGN HELSINKI
http://www.polycon.fi/ART/pekka/ DEPARTMENT OF PHOTOGRAPHY

"Everybody's searching for something they say, I get my kicks on the way"