Re: Paper and platinum

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Tue, 21 May 96 18:02 BST-1

Sheerly in terms of technical quality, my experience has been that the best
platinum prints I have made have been double coated. I'm a little surprised
at Terry's comments because this was the conclusion we reached together a
few years ago - togethers with the other points he mentions.

However it is possible to get very good prints with single coating. An even
easier way to get excellent prints is to buy the machine coated paper - with
which it is simple and routine to get results that equal the best single
coated prints, although of course without the wide range of paper surfaces
available for hand coating.

Peter Marshall

Family Album/Gay Pride - http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/index.html
Also on Fixing Shadows: ----------- http://fermi.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s