Copy of: Pt negs and coats & brightness range

TERRY KING (101522.2625@CompuServe.COM)
22 May 96 04:30:56 EDT

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From: TERRY KING, 101522,2625
TO: Kerik Kouklis, INTERNET:KOUKLIS_KERIK@aphub.aerojetpd.com
DATE: 22/05/96 08:48

RE: Copy of: Pt negs and coats & brightness range

>Kerik

> I totally agree on both points. However, there are times when the
> lighting of a scene will not produce a perfect platinum negative no
> matter how it's developed.

I suppose perceptions of 'perfect' are subjective and context sensitive but as
it is possible to get the full brightness range that we are able to perceive
onto film and from the film onto platinum/palladium sensitised paper, ie eight
stops, I would like to know what kind of perfection I am missing out on.

Is my perception of the meaning of 'brightness range' wrong?

Terry king

ik