Re: Paper and platinum

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Thu, 23 May 96 07:29 BST-1

> Forgive my thickness but, are you are you saying you prefer hand or
> machine coated paper.

My experience is that machine coated paper I have used gives very good
results, is quick and easy to use, and on balance probably works out cheaper
to print on.

However if aiming for the ultimate in time, cost and pain as well as results
I would hand coat (double coat) paper. Also I like being able to choose the
paper I use - or possibly I'd even like to explore making my own hand-made
paper for printing on - as does one artist I know.

So next time I decide to produce a platinum edition I'll consider both,
possibly even make a few test prints and then decide. At the moment I'm too
busy with colour and digital images to have time to do either.

Peter Marshall

Family Album/Gay Pride - http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/index.html
Also on Fixing Shadows: ----------- http://fermi.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Future Press and elsewhere... E-Mail: petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk