Re: Platine and No 2. grain

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.taos.nm.us)
Thu, 23 May 1996 19:31:13 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 24 May 1996, Ginger Sheridan 6145934280 wrote:

> John (& al)
> I am using EDTA to clear my palladium prints. 3 trays. I print 4x5, so
> change the final tray(and move the rest up the line) every 4 prints or so. How
> would I use hypo-clear, just like B&W? (What dilution, what duration?)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ginger

To see if your three EDTA baths are removing all the palladium and iron
salts, try a fourth bath of normal strength Kodak Hypo Clear for about
two minutes. After several prints have gone through, you will see the
KHC taking on a yellow color showing that it is removing stuff the other
baths should have but didn't.

Let me know what happens, and also do your prints look cooler
(color-wise) than ones cleared without KHC? More evidence.

Good luck.

John