Re: Getting the book on paper.

Steve Avery (stevea@sedal.usyd.edu.AU)
Fri, 24 May 1996 12:00:17 +1000

Richard Sullivan wrote:

> I received a automatic reply saying my order had been taken and was
> going to be shipped. No mention of back order or anything else. Amazon
> has been on Yahoo's "best of" list. This is my first foray with
> Amazon, so we'll see.
>
> Dick S.
> Dick Sullivan
> Bostick & Sullivan
> Santa Fe, New mexico

Hi all,
To put your mind at ease, so far I have spent over US$500 dollars at
amazon.com. They are very prompt (esp. if you specify the fastest
delivery method), and frequently have what you want in stock. They will
also place orders for things which have yet to be published.

Although the majority of my orders have been for textbooks (they're the
reason it is over US$500 - some books were US$135 a pop), I have also
ordered books like Phil Davis' BTZS and Bruce Barnbaum's book. These
things are hard to get here, and take at least a month when you order
them. Amazon had them to me in under a month (and the hold up was due to
another book which had to be backordered).

To date I have had two orders shipped (one was four books as separate
orders though). I also use their "eyes" service to keep an eye on books
soon to be published. All in all, highly recommended.

cheers
-steve

p.s. given that I'm in a different hemisphere, it is not surprising
that I have no financial connection with amazon.com, other than
frequently giving them lots of my money :-)