Re: Machine Coated Platinum (Palladio) and the Aesthetics of Paper

Steve Avery (stevea@sedal.usyd.edu.AU)
Mon, 27 May 1996 12:42:39 +1000

This message bounced. The originator is James Strain (jstrain@iquest.net). Please direct any
private email in that direction, not mine...

------------------------<included message follows>----------------------

> From: "James A. Strain" <jstrain@iquest.net>
> Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 18:25:41 -0500
> Subject: Re: Machine Coated Platinum (Palladio) and the Aesthetics of Paper

Peter--

Apologies for the quotations. My preferences box had that
option checked. I have since unchecked it. Please see if this is
better. Also, please call me Jim, if the mood strikes. I have written
on Palladio and have taken a workshop with Rob Steinberg. I am a
believer in that product and have used it for the shows that I have
done.
Another writer had suggested that he could get 10 stops or 20
steps on the Kodak step tablet on double-coated platinum paper. Rob
Steinberg told me that he was able to resolve all of the steps on
Palladio as well, but I have not been able to duplicate that effort. He
is a master printer, so I have no doubt he could. I believe that I can
resolve in real life negatives between 7 and 8 stops (14 and 16 steps)
on Palladio, using a minimum amount of hydrogen peroxide in the
developer. Cheers. Jim